Thursday, January 12, 2006

You Think You Know Someone...

"Do you want to go to Chipotle for dinner tonight?" I asked. I was positive this would get a "yes" response, and was really only asking as a courtesy.

"Ehhh...not really," said the Mr.

Double-take. "What? Why not?"

"We just went last week."

"Yeah? And?"

"Isn't that enough?"

"No."

"Don't you ever get sick of it?"

"Huh? I was thinking a week is too long to go between Chipotle visits."

"Well, I was thinking that it's not long enough."

It is here that I stop to fan myself.

"Okay, okay," he says. "You can go to Chipotle and I'll go to Panera [next door]."

"Boy, I wonder who's going to have the better dinner?"

Before leaving the house, he asked, "So, where are we going to eat our dinner?"

"I just figured we'd take it home and eat it here."

"So, we're going to drive all the way out to Chipotle [a 15-minute drive] and then turn around and come home?"

"Well, we have to come home at some point, don't we?"

"I suppose. Are you sure this is worth it?"

"Hello, have we met?"