Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A Monologue We Overheard Months Ago, Which I Am Just Now Getting Around to Blogging About

"So, like, I ran into her and was all, 'Hey, how are you?' and she was like, 'Oh, I'm good' and I said, 'Yeah?' And she said, 'Yeah, abso-lute-ly.'

So, like, we were talking and stuff and it was going pretty well, so I was like, 'Do you want to go grab some dinner at Cosi later or something?' and she was all 'Abso-lute-ly' and I was like, 'Great.' So, I got there a little early, but then she was late. But we sat down and we had a nice meal and we got coffee. I didn't want to go home, so I asked her if she wanted to hang out some more and she was like, 'Abso-lute-ly.'

So, we walked by the White House and all around, and we were talking and she told me that she was leaving the country for, like, a month or something. I don't know, man. I'm not sure what she was doing, but she said she had to leave. I asked her if she wanted to get together when she got back, and she said, 'Abso-lute-ly.' But it's been a few weeks...I haven't heard from her, but we're going to make plans."

That's when I leaned over to the Mr. and said, "Yeah, I don't think this one is going to work out. Time to move on."
"I know! Poor guy."
"Leaving the country? Never a good sign."
"Shhhh!"