Thursday, November 10, 2005

A Composite of Several Conversations Over the Last Few Days

Me: So, would you like an iPod for Christmas, or just a bunch of random things?

The Mr.: Can I get back to you on that?

Me: OK, sure. But it kind of seems like a no-brainer to me!

The Mr.: Meh.

Me: No, really. Why don't you want an iPod?

The Mr.: Eh, I don't know.

Me: But it's so awesome! Your whole music collection, no bigger than a deck of cards!

The Mr.: Yeah.

Me: You're still not sure?

The Mr.: No.

Me: Well, we'll see who's sorry when we're on the train to New York, and I've got my little iPod and am rocking out. Meanwhile, you will have your giant discman and your bulky folder of CDs. You'll wish you had gotten an iPod then.

The Mr.: But New York is before Christmas.

Me: Dammit! OK. On the plane ride home for Christmas. That's when you'll be sorry.

The Mr.: I guess.

Me: I just don't understand this. You've seen the iPod in action. It's wonderful.

The Mr.: I don't want to have to throw out my whole CD collection.

Me: What are you talking about? Do you see me throwing out CDs? I would never do that. What if the whole thing crashes?

The Mr.: OK, yeah. But look at your battery! It's running low. Every time I look at it, it's red.

Me: But I haven't charged it in 3 days. You're just looking for something wrong with the iPod, but you are never going to find it!

The Mr.: Gaaaah!

Me: So, do you want an iPod for Christmas or not?