Sunday, October 23, 2005

A Meme That I Had to Think About the Answers To

This is also a shoutout to Jurgen Nation, who complained that the Internets are slow, so I'm giving her something to read.

My uncle once: Was an alcoholic.

Never again in my life: Will I be able to pull an all-nighter and bounce right back the next day. Those days are over.

When I was five: I was pretty cute and easygoing.

High school was: 80% sucky, 20% tolerable.

I will never forget: The winter when Trish and I got locked out of our apartment in our pajamas because I was convinced George had a girl in his apartment and I goaded her into going down with me to spy. He didn't have one, of course. He was reading a book.

I once met: Jay Mohr, who was very nice.

There is this girl I know who: Always looks adorable, even when she's wearing sweatpants, no makeup and hasn't showered.

Once, at a bar: I danced on a table with a bunch of friends. And then we did a conga line. Oh, yes.

By noon I'm usually: Walking the dogs or finishing up at the gym.

Last night I: Worked, then watched last week's "Veronica Mars" in bed.

If I had only: Never chosen the major I did.

Next time I go to church: I'm thinking of not going anymore, ever.

What worries me most: At this very moment? The cost of not getting frostbite this winter. Long term? That I'll look back one day and think I wasted my life and didn't do all the things I had hoped to.

When I turn my head right: I see our printer and file cabinet.

When I turn my head left: I see our bulletin board.

You know I'm lying when: I don't like to lie too much, but the big giveaway used to be when I gave a lot of details and rambled.

You know what I miss most about the 80s: How great radio was. Every song was better than the last.

If I were a character written by Shakespeare: I'd be a smartass, I suppose.

By this time next year: I hope we're out of here, or close to it.

A better name for me would be: Not As Nice As She Looks. I've been told before that I look like a goody-goody, but so am not.

I have a hard time understanding: What the hell is wrong with people.

If I ever go back to school I'll: Study photography or learn another language. Or both!

You know I like you if: I talk to you, and I'm nice to you.

If I won an award, the first person I'd thank would be: I'm not really sure I'll ever win an award that merits an acceptance speech, but I guess everyone has to thank their parents first, right?

Take my advice; never: Hit on 17.

My ideal breakfast is: Always oatmeal and coffee. Always.

A song I love but do not have is: "Do They Know It's Chrismas?" by various artists. I'm serious, I love that song.

If you visit my hometown, I suggest: Go to Sunday brunch at the Cliff House, get a seat by the window and scarf down popovers. After brunch, go check out the Sutro Baths.

Why won't anyone: Wave "thank you" when I let them cut in front of me in their cars?! I don't have to let you in, people.

If you spend the night at my house, do: Feel free to sleep in until noon, because I'm going to.

I'd stop my wedding for: A free burrito from Chipotle? Jack White? I don't know how to answer this question.

The world could do without: Liver. I'm sorry, who likes that stuff? I always feel like anyone who does like it is just doing it so they can be gross.

I'd rather lick the belly of a cockroach than: No. There is no "rather" here. I am not licking the belly of a cockroach.

My favorite blond is: I've always liked the dark-haired men.

Paper clips are more useful than: White-Out, which is almost totally obsolete. It's really a shame, because it was fun to use and I liked the smell.

San Diego means: Hotel Circle? Coronado Island? Miramar?