Sunday, October 16, 2005

Is It Just Me?

Or are clothes sucking harder than usual these days? I'm back from another failed shopping expedition. Shopping used to depress me because I wanted one of everything, and obviously couldn't have it. Now it's depressing because I want one of absolutely nothing.

Listen to me, all you clothing makers: I don't care how much you advertise them or tell me I need one, but I'm not going to wear a cropped jacket or sweater, OK? It's never going to happen. Make something else. And why does everything suddenly require the use of a camisole these days? I'm not against them exactly, but when did shopping become like buying iPods or cameras? Sure, you can get by with just the basics if you insist on showing your bra to the world, or you can purchase an array of snazzy add-ons for a little modesty.

I should have swung by a bar on the way home and given my money to a product that never lets me down.

P.S. My fortune totally lied to me. But, fortune, you will have a chance to redeem yourself on Wednesday. Otherwise, paper shredder for you.