Thursday, September 29, 2005

If There's Caffeine In Hell, We're Gonna Make It After All

This morning I had to take the Mr. to the airport. At 6 a.m. His flights often depart in the 7 a.m.-9 a.m. range, but this...this is cruel and unusual punishment. To his credit, he did offer to just drive himself and park, and I almost said, "OK! Have a great trip!", but I just couldn't do it.

After I dropped him off, I decided to go grocery shopping because, hey, I'm up and I have to do it today. No matter that I was still practically in a REM state. Between that and the fact that I didn't have a list with me like I usually do would normally prove to be a recipe for disaster. But the whole thing went pretty well, other than the fact that I kept misreading labels.

In the soda aisle, I was loading my cart up with whatever was on sale when I saw an orange Mountain Dew drink that said "Hellfire."

Hellfire? Did I really just see that? I wiped my eyes and looked again. No, Livewire.

But don't you think a drink called Hellfire would actually be pretty cool? Diet Hellfire? Hellfire (Now with Splenda!). Vanilla Hellfire? OK, that's a little ridiculous.