Thursday, August 25, 2005

Lil' Brudder

Yesterday was one of those days that was so insanely hectic and involved that as I'm beginning this post, it's really still Thursday and I haven't eaten since breakfast at 7 a.m. and it's now 8 p.m. Anyone who knows me is now picking themselves up off the floor, because it's well known in certain circles that I'm a major pig and crabby without food and generally like to eat something in 3-4 hour intervals. But not only am I not crabby, but I'm just now starting to feel somewhat hungry. And all this, on only 5 hours of sleep. It would normally be a deadly combination for anyone unlucky enough to be around me.

The reason for the insanity: we got another dog! Ladies, Gents and Assorted Others, meet Rufus.


His name at the shelter was Gordy, but I don't think he's had a stable home in awhile, so he wasn't attached to the name that I could tell. He's a little underweight, needs a bath and the cartilage in his left ear is broken, so it hangs down, while the other one sticks straight up. I love him.

No, seriously. What are you doing here?

It wasn't long before they began to play, much to my relief. I was starting to feel kind of guilty. Nabby was looking at me like, "Um, are we cool? Did I do something? You like him better, don't you?" But then she realized what little brothers are for: terrorizing.