Sunday, July 31, 2005

If I Never Hear Margaritaville Again, It Will Be Too Soon

We're still unpacking, I'm nursing a cold (caught last night, so the vacation merriment was able to continue unabated) and general tired-ness, but we had the most fantastic time, which I will recount in greater detail sometime this week after I've gone through all the photos and gotten my act together and worked off what I gained. I tried, I really, really did. But when you hear the words "chocolate" and "buffet," I ask you, what choice do you have?! You do not just ignore a chocolate buffet.

Here's a pic of one of my favorite things all week: feeding and hanging with the stingrays in Grand Cayman. Those black blobs in the water are them. Don't get me wrong, I was freaked as hell for the first 15 minutes or so. Most people were, judging by the constant screaming and shrieking after we all hopped in. They're huge and they swarm you and brush against your legs, and no one likes feeling anything brushing against their legs in the water because it only means one thing: JAWS. But after holding one and seeing that they're docile, especially since they know these people are the hands that feed them, I decided to buck up and give one a little meal. I took a piece of squid in my hand, held it underwater, and a stingray came by and slurped it up and mercifully left behind my fingers. Pretty freakin' sweet, and I would now like one as a pet, please.