Monday, June 20, 2005

Hair, Hair


At this time of year, Nabby sheds like a mofo. You can try it for yourself: reach down, grab a chunk of hair. You'll get a nice handful, and strangely, she still won't have a bald spot. In fact I'm not even fully convinced yet that she's made of anything but fur.

We're always winding up with hair in our food, which doesn't bother us, but I get a little mortified when, say, I bring cookies to work and one of my colleagues pulls out a little white hair. When I get a tickle in my throat, I'm almost positive I'm gagging on one of Nabby's hairs, and this is the way I'm going to die.

Once in awhile, I get a reminder that Nabby isn't immune from Hair In Mouth disease. I mean, check out that thing up there. And she's probably thinking, "Look at this mass of hair hanging from my mouth. And I can't even pull it out, because I have stubby little legs. You don't hear me complaining, do you, you big whiners?"