Thursday, May 05, 2005

I Heart Locke, and I Have No Idea Why

Am I the only person alive who thinks Locke on "Lost" is a good guy? Maybe his backstory gave me a giant soft spot for him. Didn't you just totally cry when they wouldn't let him go on the walkabout because he was in a wheelchair? Or when his dad bailed after snookering him into giving up a kidney? But despite mounting evidence to the contrary, I believe that sticking to my guns on this one is going to pay off big.

Every week during Lost, the Mr. and I have the same conversation:

(Locke does something creepy/dubious/bad)
"See?!" says the Mr. "Locke is a bad guy."
"Nooo!" I cry. "He has a good reason! It's going to make sense soon! I love Locke! J.J. Abrams just wants us to think he's bad."

Don't let me down, homes. If you do, I'm going to be on the receiving end of a giant "in yo' face" dance and I don't think I can take it.