Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Ten Things I Remember Fondly From My Childhood


Me and Aunt Stacy in Carmel, CA, 1978

1) Mom's "chop dogs" recipe. It was this excellent comfort food concoction, consisting of chopped up hot dogs, pickles, mustard and other excellent things, mixed together, put on a bun, wrapped in foil and cooked in the oven. Trust me, it was awesome.
2) Strawberry Shortcake. Aww, she smelled so nice.
3) Love's Baby Soft
4) A midnight snack of gingersnaps and milk with Grandma
5) Peanut butter and jelly on crackers made by Mom when I had a nightmare. This was a very food-centric childhood, wasn't it?
6) My canopy bed and Holly Hobby bedding
7) Running my hands along Grandpa's crew cut and babbling "Nah-jee, nah-jee."
8) Tether ball
9) Judy Blume and Beverly Cleary
10) Riding on the El with dad