Wednesday, February 16, 2005

I Don't Have a Problem. You're the One With the Problem.



Aside from caffeine, my other addiction would be lip gloss. I need a tube with me at all times. If I can't find a tube, I panic. No, really. I get irritable. My lips start to ache. I can feel them cracking and splitting as I sit there, wondering how I will get my next lip gloss fix and where it will come from.

It all started when I was around 8. At Christmas, Grandma Besse used to give my stepsister and I these monster packages of Bonne Bell lip gloss. We're talking, like, 10 tubes of the stuff. The glorious, glorious, delicious...oh, excuse me. Ever since then, I've needed lip gloss. I wonder if my brother remembers the time he took my tube of strawberry lip gloss with the little ball on top -- which I had begged mom to buy me -- and dislodged the ball and consumed the contents?

This picture doesn't include the stash I have in my car, where I keep 4 of them. I also keep a bunch in my purse, 4 tubes at work, a tube in the coffee table downstairs, 2 tubes in my nightstand, a tube in the desk in the office and 3 tubes in the master bathroom. They are strategically placed, so as to avoid any panic on my part.

I've tried it all, and hands-down the best brand is Bonne Bell's Dr Pepper. It stays on your lips. It smells great. It leaves the nicest little tint. I may be dating myself here, but does anyone remember when it came in a giant ass tube the size of a rolled-up newspaper? Why don't they do that anymore? No one has a mouth that big (I hope), but it sure was fun to use.