Monday, January 10, 2005

Step Up!

So, I sent a letter to our neighborhood newsletter, railing about the problem of dogs being allowed to roam off-leash. I'm so tired of seeing some massive dog charging toward me and Nabby when we're out on our walks, and wondering if this dog is friendly or going to attack. Most of the dogs are cool, but a couple of them have been vicious. Nabby came away from one encounter with wet fur, and I'm not sure if this dog tried to bite her or was just slobbering. What is wrong with people?

Anyway, I didn't know the newsletter was going to do this, but they published my e-mail address. There was a moment of terror there, and I was picturing getting tons of hate mail, but then I thought, you know what? If someone wants to throw down with me over the issue, I'll take them on. I am glad I spoke up, even if nothing changes. I'm tired of it, and I suspect other people are, too. Is anyone really going to argue against common courtesy, or the law, for that matter? Wait...don't answer that.

So far, my inbox is flame-free. I shall keep you posted.